Quiz for Kids set-1
1. Astronauts wear a communications cap under their helmets in an astronaut shoot. It’s black and white and is named for the cartoon character ____?
2. Which of the following rodents are considered to be very social?
3. Which city was buried when Mount Vesuvius in Italy erupted in A.D.79?
4. Lassie the collie dog, from a short story of 1938, has not starred in —-:
a Broadway musical
a TV series
a radio series
5. Hippos have red-orange ——:
6. Mountain climbers who want to conquer Mount Everest – the highest place on earth- head to what Asian mountain range?
The Canadian Rockies
7. In which California park can you find a famous 2,300-2,700-year-old sequoia tree?
Sequoia National park
8. What ancient city, guarded by large lion statues, lies 90 feet (27 m) below the surface of Qiandao Lake in southeastern China?
Ho Chi Minh city
9. The world’s highest waterfall is —— in Venezuela.
10. What did many Egyptian rulers use to call?
11. In which country did a professional soccer game first develop?
12. About how many different species of organisms live in an adult’s intestines?
Zero. Everything gets digested.
13. Which kind of animal can be found living both at the equator and in Antarctica?
14. Which of these animals migrate in groups of more than a million?
black mamba snakes
15. In China, 74 billion —– are made each year.
pairs of wooden chopsticks
16. How many eyes do most spiders have in general?
17. Dalmatians are born without their —- :
sense of smell
18. Where did the game Yu-Gi-Oh! come from?
19. The Egyptian pyramids contained mummies and priceless treasures How many blocks make up the Great Pyramid at Giza?
20. Which type of animal is a little red flying fox?
21. Monkeys that live in cities in Zimbabwe often do what for fun?
22. Which of these is said to be the most powerful communication tool ever invented?
World Wide Web
23. Which plant has been known to save people stranded in the desert?
water fountain fern
24. In traditional Korean dining, where would guests sit?
on the sidewalk
at the round table
on the floor
at a round table
25. A baby Kangaroo is as long as a —-.
26. Sandboarders flock to Peru because the country has the world’s tallest ——-.
anthills 27. In American football, a team gets six points for what?winning the game
first down28. Halley’s comet last came into view in 1986. When will you be able to see it again as it returns within Earth’s view?2096
2021 29. Sheep were one of the first animals to be raised for their —–.milk
all of the above30.One desert plant, called the creosote bush, is one of the —- plants in the world.smelliest